We are a small Cornish based charity focused on improving the lives of sick, abandoned or unwanted pets. At the Cornwall Animal Hospital we make sure that all animals can get the veterinary treatment they need when their owners cannot afford to pay private fees in their entirety.
Approximately 40% of our clients are on means-tested benefits or state retirement pension, and we also help members of the community on a low income at our discretion. Our Animal Hospital is located in Treleigh, Redruth, surviving on donations and money from our loyal client base.
- Mr Paul Thomas – Practice Manager and Senior Vet
- Mrs Kate Hickmott – Principal Vet
- Miss Faye Brydie – Resident Vet
- Miss Vicky Webber – Head RVN
- Mrs Kelly Solway – RVN
- Mrs Christine Norris – RVN
- Ms Kerry Line – RVN
- Miss Lauren Shearing – Kennel Hand
- Mrs Tabitha Edwards – Receptionist/ PA to the Practice Manager
- Mrs Alison George – Receptionist/ VN
- Mr W T Chalker – Acting Chair and Charity Treasurer
- Mr R D Richards – Board Member
We also have a dedicated team of fundraisers and volunteers that arrange numerous events throughout the year, and an essential Retail Operations Manager who oversees five shops throughout Cornwall.
Fundraising Committee and Members
- Acting Chair - Ray Richards
- Deputy Chair – Tabitha Edwards
- Treasurer - Heather Woods
- Secretary - Sarah Goodwin
Fundraising branch members
All of the above plus:
Darren Woods, Anne Wade, Rex Wade, Kat Carey, S E Sharpe and W T Chalker.
- Heather Woods – (Retail Manager)
- Mrs Sarah Goodwin - (Supervisor)